Try listing your items on The Madison Stuff Exchange. You never know who may be able to reuse them.
To Donate Your Unneeded or Used Building Material: Please check with Habitat for Humanity prior to making a donation. This is also an excellent place to find bargain materials for your home improvement projects.
The Streets Division recycles scrap lumber and old wood furniture. The material is shredded and used for paths and roadways at area solid waste and composting sites. Each of our drop off sites has bins for collecting this material. The site attendant will show you where to put your old wood and wood items. Drop off service is limited to no more than six 30-gallon containers or their equivalent. NO CONTRACTORS.
GUIDELINES FOR CURBSIDE COLLECTION:
- Must be under 8ft. REMOVE or FLATTEN nails.
- Place what can fit into the Tan-colored Refuse Cart (no higher than 6 inches above the top).
- Building material outside the tan cart is collected as part of the large item service.
- Collection is limited to no more than six 30-gallon containers or their equivalent.
- Bags and containers must weigh less than 40 pounds.
Habitat For Humanity ReStore
For Reusable Building Materials
Drop Off Sites - Locations/Hours
Curbside Collection of Large Items